Tea tree is a natural antiviral , anti-fungal and antibacterial remedy . This essential oil also has powerful healing properties that heal wounds.
Due to its beneficial properties, it can penetrate the nail deeply and attack nail fungus targeting the roots which is rarely found in other topical treatments.
Effectiveness of tea tree against nail fungus
Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) is an essential oil of yellow color. It is collected from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia which is a tree native to Australia.
The tea tree oil (tea tree) is well known because it is a natural compound used by man as a natural remedy topical, antifungal and antibacterial .
There are also allegations that this essential oil works well against acne (although there is no clear scientific consensus).
The essential oil tea tree acts as an antiseptic and disinfectant agent for many types of bacteria and fungi, including nail fungus. It contains about 2% volatile oil that provides powerful germicidal effects.
When can I try tea tree?
Use tea tree essential oil as a natural treatment against nail fungus if:
- The affected area of the nail is less than 50% of the total area.
- The nail is not painful.
- The skin under and around the nail is quite normal and is not thick.
- There are no white, yellow or orange spots in the affected nail.
Use of tea tree against nail fungus
The method of use consists of simply applying the tea tree oil directly on the infected nails or using products that contain them as the natural product Zetaclear :
- Using a cotton ball, gently dab the area under and around the nail with tea tree oil or with tea tree oil mixed with other vegetable oils (castor oil, argan).
- Do this at least once a day.
- To destroy nail fungus with tea tree it takes time and perseverance. It is necessary to wait a few months before seeing the first results.